Monday, October 4, 2010

Fedora 14 (Laughlin) Beta

Well, as always could not wait until Fedora 14 release, after a test PreUpgrade that when flawless on my test machine, now Fedora 14 rules my main notebook a Sony Vaio. It still on beta but seem like another Rock Solid Fedora release, even that have not play much with it all my favourite applications runs great.

Evolution has been my email client since I started to use Linux on my desktop this new version looks great.


Open Office 3.3 new splash look really nice, will to see what happens now that there is LibreOffice foundation and we like to support it, so my guest is that will see LibreOffice on Fedora 15 unless Oracle release the Open Office name.

PreUpgrade did a great job moving my Fedora 13 to Fedora 14, no errors, just waiting to complete the download reboot waiting for the upgrade process to end and the next reboot was Fedora 14, with all my stuff as it was on Fedora 13.

No comments: